Friday, January 30, 2009

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

A little bit Raiders 3 and a little bit LOTR. This installment of the Mummy series tries to do a lot and comes very very close to succeeding. I cannot say that I like the cast changes, but I do like the guy they picked to play the lead's son - Luke Ford.

Brendan Fraser and John Hannah reprise their roles from previous episodes, and I have to say Mr. Hannah gets better with each outing. For me he is the only one who is really making a worthy effort here. The others are either over or under playing their roles. Sorry.

The CG here are great and the effects are fun. But to me a live-action movie has to have good acting and likable characters to be worth the time. This movie fell short in that department. I hope this is not the wave of the future.

Watch this movie with low expectations and you will enjoy it more.


No comments: