Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kung Fu Panda

This movie is really about all of us who lead "ordinary" lives, but have dreams of being extraordinary. No doubt this movie has a good moral for the young and young at heart, but for those with a firmer grasp on reality it may hurt - just a little.

My biggest complaint or issue with this movie is that there are only 3 or 4 Asian voices in the major roles. Why? How much more credibility would this movie have had if the voices were a little less Anglo? Were the studio suits afraid the audience could not handle the accents? Do they not watch Saturday and after-school cartoons?

The animation is great. The story is inspirational. But the movie left me feeling a little less than heroic. I was NOT motivated to go out there and improve my lot in life. I did however go to the kitchen and make a cup of noodles.

Watch this movie with someone young, and hope their awe and wonder rub off on you.

No comments: