Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Promotion

Not too much for me to say about this one. It is a very fun concept, but was not very well packaged or delivered. No doubt many younger movie viewers will relate to the young couple at the center of this story. But I hope this is not the future of storytelling via film.

While there are some funny bits, they are too few and far between for my tastes. If you watch this movie under the influence of alcohol, I'm guessing it will feel too slow. If however you are stoned, it may be very very funny to you.

Seann William Scott and John C. Reilly are less than convincing a competitors in a promotional opportunity at an inner-city Chicago grocery store chain. Neither character is likable and the acting here was pretty much high school. Line. Line. Line. No real conversation. No real dialogue.

My recommendation for this movie is to watch something different.

No comments: