Friday, September 19, 2008

Premonition

Sometimes I have to go through a few bad movies to find a good one. This is one of the bad ones. And don't read on if you prefer not to know the details. Oh yeah, and I spoil the ending which is totally predictable.

This is a movie about inconsistencies. But there are so many inconsistencies in the film I was unable to focus on the supposed happy ending. And if you think changing the circumstances under which someone dies IS a happy ending, then you may actually like this. I personally don't see it, didn't feel it, and don't recommend it.

Sandra Bullock plays a depressed housewife who has incredibly vivid dreams or premonitions about the death of her husband. As the movie progresses Bullock's character tries to take control of the specific circumstances and even prevent the death. While she slightly alters some of the things going on in her husband's head, Bullock's character actually ends up causing the death. Oh yeah, there, I spoiled it.

I think I will stop now before I incur the wrath of the die-hard Sandra Bullock fans.

Watch this with someone who is far less cynical than I, who will enjoy this movie as a 2-box tear jerker. Or not.

No comments: