Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Simpson's Movie

Name me one 30-minute cartoon or sitcom that successfully makes the transition to feature film.

I didn't think so.

We're all used to The Simpson's taking on current issues with razor sharp albeit twisted wit. With "The Simpson's Movie" however, I was bored after the first 20 minutes. But wait, then the story changed. Amazingly, a new sub-plot was introduced and my oh-so short attention span was - oh wow, is that Marge in a teddy?

First it's Simpson's vs the EPA - an ongoing semi-preachy epic battle.

Then, Simpson's flee to Alaska - home of environmental sell-outs.

There is even a "To Be Continued"

Marge and kids leave Homer. Homer goes after them, rescues them from the EPA, and saves the world.

The movie does pay homage to several other popular films from many genres, but it still does not cut it for me. I cannot recommend this over-hyped DVD to anyone. Not even the kids.

If any of you saw this in the theater, I want to know if you asked for your money back. I would have.

No comments: