Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mr. Brooks

Creepy good. Kostner is cold, calm, calculating, and creepy good in this role. I like him as a bad guy. And who would not want William Hurt as an evil genius voice in their head. Okay, maybe some people. My evil genius voice is not half as cool.

Demi Moore is spot on perfect in this role as a gutsy gotta-prove-something-to-everyone cop.

Picture this; a button-down business leader in the community with the a great wife and kid, has a great life except for one thing. He is addicted to murder along with his smooth-talking alter ego. Together "they" leave a string of unsolved crimes. Enter one additional quirk, this addition might be hereditary.

The only thing that spoiled this movie for me was one over-gory scene towards the end. I like HOW the story ended, but I'm didn't think the mechanics of the last scene was necessary. But I always say a good movie is one people keep talking about. And we are still talking about this movie in my house - 3 days after we watched it.

Watch this movie with someone who hears voices in their head.

No comments: