Sunday, March 13, 2011

Megamind (2010)

Very much along similar lines as Despicable Me which was released 4 months earlier, this movie is enjoyable for most of the same reasons. Almost all the characters are over-the-top outrageous and look nothing like their voice-celebs. Both send a good message to kids and have a tidy ending. Both are funny on levels all ages can appreciate.

What I don't understand is why this movie cost almost twice as much to make. Sadly for the suits in Hollywood it made less than Despicable Me so far. I'm guessing the list of big name talent behind the voices had something to do with it?

Bottom line, this movie is funny and smart and moves at a good pace. Because I did not know the names behind the voices ahead of time, I had a great time trying to guess. In almost every case I was pleasantly shocked. If you have a knack for voices and don't know who's who in this movie, I suggest you do the same.

Watch this movie with someone who has yet to discover their true calling.


No comments: