Friday, December 31, 2010

Shrek Forever After (2010)

Not just more of the same. Actually this was better than I expected. Somehow the creative team behind this franchise keep coming up with something new. Allegedly this is the last in the series, but after doing over $235M at the domestic box office, I wonder.

All the regulars returned to lend their voices to this now classic series. And, as usual they do a great job. There are even a few newcomers. But I suggest you watch the DVD's special features to learn who.

I must say, I love what they did for and to Rumplestiltskin. Anyone who has read the original version of his story know how close they came to capturing the creator's intent.

This movie is fine for families and even most small kids. The PG rating is based on some potentially scary scenes and animated violent battle scenes.

Watch this movie with someone who is a good sport when it comes to fracturing fairy tales.

No comments: