Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Some lists have this work in the top 5 movies of all time. It's certainly in my top 10 favorites.

Morgan Freeman is brilliant as usual. His unique voice serves well as narrator and character.

Tim Robbins is a man of few words but portrays one of the best characters of his career. Happy Birthday today Mr. Robbins.

They are surrounded by a great cast of diverse thieves, murderers and thugs. Then there are the inmates (nyuk nyuk). One of my favorites is James Whitmore as the prison librarian.

One of the things I find myself doing every time I watch this great movie is asking myself what I'd do in those circumstances, from beginning to end. If you are a frequent reader you know I like redemption movies, and this is on the top of that list.

Watch this movie with someone who thinks that planning ahead means putting out tomorrow's clothes, tonight.

No comments: