Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Terriers

I'm breaking form and going WAY outside the movies-worth-a-watch realm here. But, there is a new TV series on FX called Terriers. San Diego based private detective show. Shows all sides of San Diego county - refreshing for some - dark and seedy for others.

Donal Logue plays a street smart but socially retarded ex-cop and recovering alcoholic. His business partner is the confusingly bipolar (brilliant-doofus) played by Michael Raymond-James. Other regular characters come and go depending on the week's episode (13 so far), but they are all very very good.

This may be the first TV series I've reviewed here, but not the first I have TiVo'd. Rescue Me and Castle are also both worth the watch in my opinion. I don't have time to watch many, and I consider these worth my time.

Watch this with someone who can see beyond the doofus to the genius behind.




No comments: